Certified Workforce Professional – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do all items have to be sent with the application?
Yes, applications with missing information will be returned to the applicant.
2. Can I request the return of my application materials:
No, all application materials become the property of IAWP.
3. How long is the certification process?
Applications are reviewed within two months of receipt and applicants are notified of the decision within two weeks of the end of the review.
4. Who reviews the applications?
Members of the IAWP Educational Development Committee.
5. What if my application is not accepted?
You will receive a written reason for the non‐acceptance and options to make corrections. You can resubmit once within six (6) months from the date on the non‐acceptance letter with an additional application fee.
6. How long is the certification valid?
Two (2) years.
7. What do I need to do to recertify?
You may recertify after two years with verification that you still work in the workforce development field, have accumulated 50 hours of continuing education or training in the workforce field, and pay the recertification fee of $45 for members and $75 for non-members.
Questions? Please contact us here.