Formed in 1913, IAWP, or the International Association of Workforce Professionals, is a non-profit educational association exclusively dedicated to workforce professionals with a rich tradition and history of contributions to workforce excellence.
What is Workforce Development?
Workforce development is the coordination of public and private-sector policies and programs that provides individuals with the opportunity for a sustainable livelihood and helps organizations achieve exemplary goals, consistent with the societal context. (Jacobs and Hawley, Ohio State University)
Our Role in the Workforce System?
For over 100 years, IAWP has provided opportunities to those working in the workforce development profession to develop and connect. We educate our members on trends within the workforce system, provide information on new laws and rules that impact service delivery, and provide professional and career development opportunities to improve and enhance their skills. Our Workforce Professional Development Program provides certificate programs on topics such as resume writing, interview skills, facilitation, and history of the workforce profession. We elevate our profession by offering our Certified Workforce Professional designation to those who demonstrate an outstanding effort in learning about and keeping with the profession. IAWP honors innovative organizations, groups, and individuals for their contributions to workforce development and the workforce system. And, with members across the world, we provide an opportunity to network and connect with colleagues.
Empower professionals in the workforce development system to deliver world class services and programs.
Strengthen the workforce development system through professional development, education, and networking.
- Integrity: Above all, we think and act with integrity each day and in each decision we make. This requires personal and collective integrity. Our brand is both fragile and powerful and requires our constant attention. We take to heart our values, vision and mission. We are honest, reliable and caring in our dealings with other people, both in and outside the association.
- Collaboration: We believe in the awesome power of working together. Together, we are stronger and contribute more, leading to greater success than when working alone or with an individual focus. Trust and care are the foundation of collaboration.
- Fellowship: We come together to share a common interest in our profession. We stay together as we build friendships that last a lifetime. Together, we welcome new people into our family with open arms. We take care of each other in good times and bad. We are loyal to our association and to each other.
- Inclusiveness: We acknowledge, honor, and respect the value and dignity of all individuals. We create and maintain an environment that respects diverse backgrounds, traditions, heritages, and experiences.
- Community: We believe in being a responsible partner locally, nationally, and internationally. We work to make the places we work and live better through volunteering. We look for opportunities to pay our good fortunes forward.
- Stewardship: We are effective stewards of financial, human, and natural resources. Our stewardship extends to all the resources we have been given, including the dues we receive, our reputation and the good will of our communities.