In your role of helping others in what might be one of the most difficult times of their lives, you are likely to encounter stories and symptoms of trauma. Seeing and hearing this intense emotion and feeling day in and day out can weigh heavily on you and even cause you to start to question your own sense of purpose, competence, and safety. This workshop will provide you a chance to explore your own experiences, learn about vicarious trauma, burnout, and fatigue, and develop a plan to help you be resilient.
In addition, this virtual instructor led course will
- introduce you to the concept and signs of vicarious trauma
- build self-awareness about the impact of working with trauma
- look at other factors that may impact the effects of trauma
- help you recognize your own warning signs
- introduce you to ways to build resilience
This course is designed for anyone who is in a role of helping others who are experiencing a high degree of stress and trauma in their life. A special emphasis for this course is placed on those in the workforce development profession.
Presenter – Grant Axtell – Talent Development Partner, Oregon Employment Department
July 22, 2020 – 10 Pacific, 11 Mountain, 12 Central, 1 Eastern