A new report finds that state and local government leaders are shifting from a transactional to a strategic approach to support local and state governments in adapting to changing workforce demographics and the increased competition for talent. State and local governments are modernizing operations, revamping hiring practices, and developing a brand that appeals to a more diverse applicant pool.
These findings are contained in a new report, Workforce of the Future: Strategies to Manage Change. This report was researched and written by Elizabeth Kellar and Gerald Young with the Center for State and Local Government Excellence.
The report covers the following key areas:
- Trends and innovations;
- Recruitment and retention strategies;
- Employee engagement practices;
- Streamlining human resources processes with technology;
- Utilizing brand advantage; and
- State and local employment benefits.
The research is available here.