Chapter Excellence Award Details
IAWP Chapters who have chapter affiliation agreement in place for the contest and award year AND who submitted their Annual Report for the contest year.
There are four (4) categories to submit a nomination:
- Professional Development
- Marketing and Communication
- Community Involvement
Nomination Submission Components
The Innovation in Workforce Systems must include the standard nomination form AND the following submission components:
- Description of Activity: A (one) summary paragraph (500 words or less) that adequately describes why your chapter deserving of this award.
- Narrative: Provide a narrative that describes how your chapter created or did something new or innovative in the category. This could include (but is not limited to) what went into the decision making, the planning, who was involved, what was the reaction, what was the outcome(s), how do you know it was a success.
- Documentation: Provide documents that support or illustrate the information contained in the narrative.
In selecting the Chapter Excellence Awards, the criteria below will be considered by the Selection Team. Please describe or expand upon each of these in the Summary of Accomplishments and Narrative sections of your submission.
- Out-of-the-box-thinking: Does this innovation represent out-of-the-box or cutting edge thinking? (20 points)
- Leadership: Did this accomplishment demonstrate innovative leadership? Did this Chapter’s leadership set the stage for further innovative work? (10 points)
- Enthusiasm: Has this innovation led to a new product, process or idea? Can it be integrated widely? Does it have the potential to generate revenue or initiate other ideas or exemplary work? (10 points)
- Impact: Will the innovation bring fundamental change and/or move the organization or the world of workforce development forward? Does it identify new ways to improve the quality of services or programming? Does it identify new approaches for completing work more efficiently and/or effectively? Is the work practical and sustainable? (10 points)
- Replicability: Can the innovation be replicated within other areas of workforce development or at other organizations? Would it be valuable to do so? Does the innovation plan for successful implementation? Does it demonstrate long-term success? (10 points)
There are 60 points available. Twenty (20) points for criteria 1. Ten (10) points each for additional criteria.