New Affordable Online Training Options for Workforce Professionals
Training is an integral part of every Workforce Professionals life. We are pleased to offer you training to enhance your skills and professional development, assist in your everyday work life and educate you about important Workforce topics. Review the training below and choose the training module you are interested in. Contact Terri Pasternik, Training and Certification Manager to register.
Time Management – Mini Course – 10 Minutes – Free
Everyone is given the same twenty-four hours every day. How you use them is up to you, and in this mini-course we’ll look at tips from some of the world’s top experts in time management, including Stephen Covey, Dave Crenshaw, Peter Drucker, and Tim Ferriss.
Topics covered include:
• Using a Time Audit to analyze your productivity
• Defining your Priorities
• Focusing on your Circle of Influence
• Effective ways to use a To-Do List
• Using the 80/20 rule to manage your Priorities, To-Do’s, and interruptions
• Identifying Time Wasters and how to manage them effectively
Awkward at the Office – Workplace Harassment – 60 minutes – $29.99
NOT ANOTHER SEXUAL HARASSMENT COURSE!
Sexual and Workplace Harassment training is a pervasive problem in the business world. Employers are forced to offer – and employees are forced to sit through – training sessions that are important and necessary and yet also mind-numbingly boring.
This course is different! Built by a team of millennial’s, using the latest research on engaging course design as well as professional videography and content, Awkward at the Office uses a combination of story vignettes, motion graphics, and Bigger Brains’ award-winning Teacher/Learner style to effectively convey this important topic.
In 18 vignettes across 6 video modules, students will follow the stories of Adeela, Jason, Lisa, and Michael as they deal with both the major and minor effects of workplace harassment, and demonstrate real world responses to situations ranging from inappropriate comments to gender and racial differences to full quid pro quo sexual harassment. We’ll see how workplace harassment affects not just the people involved, but the productivity of the company as a whole.
Workplace harassment might be sexual, or based on cultural or other differences, but the effects are the same: it destroys trust, creates tension, saps productivity, and can lead to legal action as well. In between vignettes our experts Jacki Flynn and Jeremy Pickens will teach how to identify, resolve, and report workplace harassment.
Modules in this course include:
• Understanding Harassment in the Workplace
• The What and How of Sexual Harassment
• Sexual Harassment and the Law
• Your Responsibility as an Employee
• Other Forms of Harassment
• Creating a Positive Work Environment
Managing Emails – 49 minutes – $29.99
For many people email is a source of stress, when it really should be a valuable productivity tool. In this course we’ll show you how to combine email best practices with the tools in Microsoft Outlook in order to effectively manage your email.
Topics covered include:
• Understanding the problems with Email Hoarders and Email Deleters
• Striving for Inbox Zero
• Creating an appropriate strategy for Folders and Categories
• Managing the Three Excuses that keep us from organizing our inbox
• Building to-do lists with Flags
• Using Rules to automatically sort your email
• Delegating access to your email folders
• Techniques for sorting and filing your overloaded inbox
Persuasion – The Art of Communication – 75 minutes – $29.99
There are many reasons why we communicate – to inform, to share our viewpoint, to educate, and to sell. Communications guru Barbara Evers would argue that all these forms of communication are in fact forms of persuasion. In this course Barbara Evers and Wofford Jones walk through tips and techniques to take advantage of when you’re seeing to communicate and persuade.
- The Core of Communication
- Understanding the Persuasion Situation
- Essential Elements of Persuasion
- Logical Data
- Reputation and Character
- Emotional or Passionate Appeals
- Recognizing the Different Elements
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- NLP Part 2
- Other Tips