Lifetime Achievement Award Details
- The IAWP member may be living or deceased.
- Past International Presidents are not eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Members of the current administrative board are not eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Award during their term of office.
- Only administrative board members (officers, district directors and committee/subcommittee chairs) may submit nominations. Each administrative board member may submit only one.
Note: Based on the quality of nominations, the judging team can decide not to present a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nomination Submission Components
The Innovation in Workforce Systems must include the standard nomination form AND the following submission components:
- Summary of Accomplishment: A (one) summary paragraph (500 words or less) that adequately describes why this person or affiliate is deserving of this award.
- Narrative: Provide a narrative that describes how this person went above and beyond. Do not simply describe tasks or activities that are part of their duties.
- Endorsement Letters: Attach up to two (2) letters of endorsement (optional and not to exceed 4 pages) from someone who can attest to their service. Endorsement letters are not required.
- Documentation: Provide documents that support or illustrate the information contained in the narrative.
In selecting the Life Time Achievement Award, the criteria below will be considered by the Selection Team. Please describe or expand upon each of these in the Summary of Accomplishments and Narrative sections of your submission.
- Advancing IAWP’s Objectives: Contributions have advanced one or more IAWP objective. (10 points)
- Leadership Commitment: The nominee should have served in a leadership capacity at the local, chapter, district and/or international level. (10 points)
- Years of Service: The nominee should have 10 or more years of continuous membership. (10 points)
There are 30 points available; 10 points per criteria.
- The timely submitted nominations will be divided among three Past International Presidents. The Immediate Past President is chair of the judging team and chooses the other two Past International Presidents. Each judging team member will review his/her assigned nominations. The judging team member will collaborate with the judging team chair.
- The IAWP Immediate Past President will notify the IAWP International President and the Recognition Committee Chair of the results of the selection process and submit any required documentation to these individuals and the Administrative Office.
- The nominee selected to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award and the nominating Executive Board member will be notified by the Administrative Office of the results of the selection process.