James Thomas, Nominating Committee Chair for the International Association of Workforce Professionals (IAWP) would like to remind all members that the nominating process is now open for officers.
The required criteria for International President, President-Elect, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer, is as follows:
- Have continuous IAWP membership for the last five years.
- For President, President-Elect, Vice President, and Secretary-Treasurer – Has attended and participated actively in at least one recent international conference.
- For President, President-Elect and Vice President – Have served as one of the following: chapter president, international officer, international district director, international committee chair, coordinator or liaison.
- Hold a position that will allow freedom to travel to Board of Directors meetings, some chapter conferences, and the annual International Educational Conference. If employed, will require a letter from the appropriate supervisor indicating the nominee will be allowed the required time off. If leave is not allowed, but use of vacation leave is approved, the nominee(s) should include with the nomination a statement they will use such leave to attend meetings.
- Have financial means to attend board meetings, some chapter conventions, and the annual International Educational Conference.
- Have ability to plan, organize, and delegate authority for the satisfactory accomplishment of IAWP activities demonstrated by the nominee’s employment position or accomplishments in the IAWP.
Please send by email all letters of nomination as well as suggestions of people who may be willing to serve, to James Thomas, at Zelodis@att.net.
Deadline: February 3, 2017