Chapter Membership Grant
Eligibility and Requirements
Purpose: The IAWP Chapter Membership Grant is designed to provide financial assistance to chapters/sub-chapters for the purpose of funding activities directed toward membership recruitment and retention.
Any active IAWP chapter or sub-chapter may apply. The activity or event must be something that will showcase IAWP and the benefits of membership and have the potential to increase membership. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Hold a ½ hour Lunch and Learn where folks bring their lunch, hear about IAWP and you provide the iced tea/soft drinks or dessert.
- Create and print a flyer that is sent to potential members noting the benefits of IAWP and inviting them to join and attend your next meeting/event.
- Offering an incentive for joining–like IAWP mug, business card holder, etc.
- The activity must work towards the goal of retaining and/or growing the membership of IAWP.
- The activity must be scheduled and take place during the fiscal year in which the grant is requested
- The requested amount must be less than $500.00.
- Winners of the grant must report back the outcome of their event(s) to the Chapter Development Committee Chair within 30 days of completion using the provided form.
The Chapter Development Committee reviews applications using the following criteria:
- How does the proposed activity have a direct relationship to retaining and/or increasing the number of Chapter members?
- How many members or potential members does the proposed activity impact?
- What the expected outcomes and how do they support membership?
- If awarded a grant previously, what were the results?
- Does the proposed activity take place during the fiscal year of the grant request?
- Applications will be reviewed and grants made on a rolling basis and may be awarded at any time during the fiscal year until budgeted grant funds are depleted.
- The Chapter Development Committee retains the right to reduce the amount requested upon award
- Please click here for the the grant application.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to your activity/event.
- Applications for events in the following calendar year cannot be submitted prior to November 1 of the preceding year.
Copies of receipts for purchases, copies of promotional materials used, a summary of the event, copy of the sign-in sheet and a list of member names that joined/renewed at the event must be submitted within 30 days of the activity/event. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in the chapter/sub-chapter being disqualified from receiving future grants.