Details Outstanding Service Award Details
Current IAWP members only. Must have an active, paid or lifetime membership, during the contest and award year.
There are four (4) categories to submit a nomination:
- Workforce Professional
- Senior or Emeritus Workforce Professional
- Organization Affiliate
- International Affiliate
Nomination Submission Components
The Innovation in Workforce Systems must include the standard nomination form AND the following submission components:
- Summary of Accomplishment: A (one) summary paragraph (500 words or less) that adequately describes why this person or affiliate is deserving of this award.
- Narrative: Provide a narrative that describes how this person or affiliate went above and beyond in their service to IAWP. Do not simply describe tasks or activities that are part of their duties as an officer or committee member.
- Endorsement Letters: Attach up to two (2) letters of endorsement (optional and not to exceed 4 pages) from someone who can attest to the service provided to IAWP. Endorsement letters are not required.
- Documentation: Provide documents that support or illustrate the information contained in the narrative.
In selecting the Outstanding to Service to IAWP Award, the criteria below will be considered by the Selection Team. Please describe or expand upon each of these in the Summary of Accomplishments and Narrative sections of your submission.
- Benefits derived from the achievement: Activity led to tangible benefits for IAWP such a higher profile, more members, a new member benefit, or educational opportunity for members. (10 points)
- Alignment and promotion of IAWP mission and objectives: The activity or service is aligned with and promotes IAWP’s mission and objectives. (10 points)
- Promotion of IAWP: Measurable improvement in Chapter program OR increase IAWP participation at the association level. (10 points)
- Individual initiative: The service or activity was outside the scope of their role in IAWP or went far above and beyond what is asked of a member. (10 points)
- Originality and Creativity: The idea was new or a new, innovative twist on an old idea in both concept and application. (5 points)
- Potential Use by Others: The work or service this person or affiliate did can be used by others within the organization (5 points)
There are 50 points available. Ten (10) points each for criteria 1, 2, 3, and 4. Five (5) points for each for criteria 5 and 6.