The U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service this week has announced the launch of a newly enhanced online one-stop for employment services, Veterans.gov. The website brings together job banks, state employment offices, American Job Centers, opportunities in top-trending industry sectors, and employer assistance in a single online location.
VETS re-designed Veterans.gov to become a “first stop” in the employment search process for veterans, transitioning service members and their spouses. The site will be a valuable resource for employers seeking to hire veterans and their spouses.
For job seekers, the site offers:
- One-on-one assistance in the nearly 2,500 American Job Centers in communities nationwide.
- Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange online job listings.
- Searchable career paths by industry, by similarity to military careers, or by keyword.
- Links to approved local training programs, colleges and universities.
- Resources from federal partners to connect with industry-specific career programs in sectors including agriculture, transportation, energy/utilities, homeland security and other federal employment.
- Tools to learn how to become an entrepreneur and to start a business.
- Connection to the Veterans Employment Center portal.
For employers, the site provides:
- Ability to connect with the VETS’ regional employer outreach specialists to access local resources for meeting your unique hiring needs.
- Ability to upload available openings and position descriptions to the Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange database.
- Access to “America’s Heroes at Work,” a free toolkit to assist employers seeking to hire veterans.
- Ability to make a commitment to hire veterans on the Veterans Employment Center portal.