Elevate Your Career in Workforce Development
Do you want to stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your expertise in workforce development? Do you want to access new opportunities and advance your career in this dynamic field? If yes, then you need to attain your CWP credential!
The CWP (Certified Workforce Professional) is a prestigious certification that validates your knowledge and skills in workforce development. It is recognized by employers, peers, and clients as a mark of excellence and professionalism.
To earn your CWP credential, you just need to follow these 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Learn & Grow
The first step is to complete 80 hours of approved education to deepen your expertise in workforce development. You can choose from a variety of learning options to suit your needs and preferences.
- Personalized Learning: You can select any courses, workshops, webinars, or conferences that are relevant to your current or desired role in workforce development. You can also mix and match different types of learning to create your own personalized learning plan.
- IAWP Simplifies: As an IAWP member, you have access to a wealth of learning resources on workforcelearn.com, many of which are FREE for Premium Members. All IAWP programs count towards your 80 hours, so you don’t have to worry about finding approved education elsewhere.
- Explore Beyond IAWP: You can also use non-IAWP programs to fulfill all or part of your 80 hours, as long as they meet the criteria of being related to workforce development, having clear learning objectives, and providing proof of attendance. You just need to record the details of these programs in your Education Journal (EJ).
- Gain a Head Start: If you want to fast-track your learning, you can enroll in the IAWP Workforce Professional Development Program, which covers 50 credit hours of core competencies in workforce development. This program will give you a solid foundation and prepare you for the CWP exam.
Step 2: Track Your Progress (Education Journal)
The second step is to maintain your Education Journal (EJ), which is a document that lists all the learning activities and hours that you have completed. Your EJ is a crucial part of your CWP application and recertification, so make sure you keep it updated and accessible.
- Maintain Your EJ: You can use any format or template that works for you, as long as it includes the following information for each learning activity: title, provider, date, duration, learning objectives, and proof of attendance. You can also add any notes or reflections that you find useful.
- Streamlined for IAWP Programs: If you use IAWP programs, you don’t have to fill in all the details in your EJ. You just need to provide proof of attendance, such as a certificate, transcript, or screenshot. IAWP will verify the rest of the information for you.
- For Other Programs: If you use non-IAWP programs, you need to include all the details in your EJ, such as the learning objectives, location, dates, and instructor name. You also need to provide proof of attendance, such as a receipt, confirmation email, or badge. IAWP will review these programs to ensure they meet the standards for CWP certification.
Step 3: Apply & Get Certified
The final step is to apply for your CWP certification. You will complete an online application form and submit your EJ and other supporting documents.
- Complete the Online Application Form: The application form will ask you for some basic information, such as your name, contact details, education, and work experience. You will also need to upload your EJ and other documents, such as your resume, references, and payment receipt.
- Membership Matters: As an IAWP member, you can enjoy reduced fees for CWP certification and recertification. The fees are as follows: $249 for non-members, $199 for Basic Members, and $99 for Premium Members. If you are not a member yet, you can join IAWP as a Premium Member and save $150 on your CWP certification fee!
- Celebrate Your Achievement: Earning your CWP credential is a significant milestone in your career. You should be proud of yourself and celebrate your accomplishment. You will receive a certificate and a digital badge that you can display on your resume, social media, and email signature. You will also be listed on the IAWP website as a Certified Workforce Professional, which will enhance your visibility and credibility in the field.
- Continuous Learning: Remember, CWP certification is not a one-time event. It is a commitment to ongoing professional development and excellence. To maintain your CWP credential, you need to renew it every 3 years by completing approved education and submitting your EJ and recertification fee.
IAWP is Your Partner
IAWP is your partner in your CWP journey. We are here to support you with the best learning resources, guidance, and benefits. You can visit the IAWP Certification Page for detailed information and updates on CWP certification and recertification. You can also contact us anytime if you have any questions or concerns.
Don’t wait any longer. Embark on your CWP journey today and propel your career in workforce development to new heights!
Premium members register here for your 50% discount.
Not a member? Join here to receive all the benefits of membership today.