March 25, 2020
IAWP is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak, and as of this writing, we remain committed to hosting the 2020 Workforce Development Conference in Pittsburgh, June 28 – July 1, 2020. As we continue to monitor, we will provide you with regular updates on the status of WDC2020.
Our research shows that most air carriers are offering customers the ability to change travel plans without penalty, on tickets purchased on or before a specified date. We recommend that you refrain from purchasing any travel that is not fully refundable. If you have already purchased airline tickets, please utilize the links provided below to check with your travel partner. We have provided links to most the major airlines servicing the Pittsburgh International Airport below.
In the interim, we encourage you to continue to take all precautions necessary to keep you and your family healthy and safe. Below are just a few of the recommendations being offered by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
- Use proper hand etiquette. Wash your hands OFTEN with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, after going to the restroom and after visiting public areas where you have had contact with frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, handrails, tables, desks and phones often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid handshaking. Use other non-contact methods for greeting.
- Avoid food sharing.
As we get closer to the conference, we will work in tandem with our host hotel, the Omni William Penn to ensure preparations onsite include necessary precautions to provide a healthy and safe environment.
Should you have any questions, please contact Jill at email@example.com.